I've had my last ballet recital when I turned 13. During a time when I started to feel I could no longer allow graceful hands slipping smoothly around my body, or just gliding body language with another human form. My last scene was with a guy four years my senior. He, who was a known playboy, is the most absorbed individual I've known. Girls of his age and younger went completely gaga over him. I believe he's a good dancer but I am most certain that he's not physically appealing to me. I didn't have any choice. I was just a kid trying to do my routine as told by my teacher. And each day I had to be 'self-consciously' abashed during rehearsals when many high school girls flocked in our (supposedly) restricted gym. I could still remember now how distressed I was to do over and again a repeat performance to make perfect our elaborate movements. I was such a pouter. I have this attitude. It was a big problem that my teacher had to communicate this with my mom. I did, in all modesty, poise an ethereal grace as I jumped higher for an aerial romanticism of The Swan Lake. Yet I didn't stop performing when I entered high school. However, I was still categorized to classical jazz and cultural dance. But my partner didn't bother me at all. Because this time I would never admit myself to dance if I didn't get to choose my partner. All through out high school performances, I was stuck with the same partner. It's rare a time I got paired up with anyone else.
So right now, I'm thinking if I still got it. I really would like to try it out here. But how do they say croise, jete, pirouette and so-so in Japanese?
6 comments:
If you ever push through with this plan, Yeng. Don't forget to give me an invite to your first show. I'd love to see you perform. :D
Haha, surely NO! I'm shy :p Let's wait and see. I actually went to a ballet center already. Inquired. It costs way too much my budget. I can't travel anymore. Haha. But I would really love to try. What bothers me if I'd push through this plan, I'll be brushing shoulders with mostly graders. Me, a weed to the group. Talk about being conspicuous.
wow, you are a wonder! i hope you'll get to pursue it, i love to watch ballet. i, with the two left feet makes a very good audience.
and swan lake! what can i say?! i'm swann! ;-)
Yes, Princess Odette, it's your own show. I hope and hope I have all the moolah. My new Japanese class is way too expensive already. And my new sensei is so demanding of time, and I can't really excuse myself anymore to speak English. He's the typical strict professor, bespectacled and with that stern look. With my other sensei, she's nice and very understanding. Even to the point that my reasons are impractical already, she's there patiently waiting when I would have the time to attend the class. So ballet, ballet, ballet is such a tease. Because my other class is right in front of the ballet studio. Heart bleeds.
A dancer! I can already imagine you gliding on stage so gracefully on your toes. We will watch your show! *clap clap* Go for it! Go, go, go!!
Yes, I am really for it. I am just waiting for the call. Because they asked me if I could have a one session screening. I so wish they will anytime now.
Post a Comment