Sunday, 7 March 2010




What is it...
about a stranger’s smile that makes you glow...
Suddenly, in an instant, everything’s known.
What is it about a lover’s kiss that makes time stand still?
And his stare that makes you feel naked and real?

What is it about the sun that makes all things bearable,
Or the bright blue sky that shows unlimited possibilities?
What is it about the rain that makes you feel safe and warm?
Or a cup of hot chocolate, nestled in a room corner,
And you’re far from harm.

What is it about goodbyes that hurt?
Or why overcoming obstacles make you feel you’re on top of the world?
What is it about love at first sight,
When two hearts start to take flight?

What is it about the moon and stars that heal,
Or the shadows of the night that feel surreal.
Covered in darkness, I find,
As I slowly start to lose my mind.

What is is about my existence,
Everything hidden
While everything seen
Needing intimacy,
Yet pushing it away so fiercely?

What is it about this emptiness I feel inside me,
And will I ever know
What it takes to be completely happy,
And what is the cost?
For in this place and time,
With everything she has,
This little girl
Is simply
Lost.




No comments: