Saturday, 3 July 2010

My Father in Heaven,

     I praise you for being who You are in my life. My fortress. My rock. My wind beneath my wings. My pillar of strength. My unspeakable joy. My inner peace. My calm. My dad. My everything!
     I marvel how much you think of me. From the time I wake up, eat, work and retire from exhaustion. You have never, not even once, turned your head away from my direction.
     I adore how you dote on me like your one-and-only. How you give me friends that speak volumes of your wanting me to develop meaningful relationships.
     I listen to what you have always been wanting to tell me since you made me. That you have come that I may have life in utter abundance.
     I delight that you steer me away from the traps that I blindly fall into. Many a time I have fallen short and had insurmountable shortcomings. But your loving patience has always been extended my way.
     I laugh at life's circumstances not with disdain nor bitterness. But a hearty one that reverberates the truth, that only in you I can find deep-seated joy.
     I need you everyday, every waking minute. I need you to tell me how to think, what to speak of, what to do. For there are times I give in to forces that have the potential to hurt the people I love, the people that you love.
     I give you everything that is keeping me from being the woman that you want me to be. Change me inside and out. Peel me from the insides, and shake me to my senses. Everyday let me know that I am made for you.
     I offer you my service. Let me be quick to respond to your calling. Let me be a good steward of finances you entrusted me. Let me be a cheerful giver. I offer you my time. Guide me in using my time wisely. Ample time to rest, to serve you especially in my younger years. Such a time is now. I offer you my talents. Hone me. Perfect my talents. Put it to use, for your glory.
     I cry out to you in my chaos, my tribulations, my angry questions, my confusion, my sarcasm, my loneliness, my frustration, my hunger.
    I rejoice in you despite and in spite circumstances. My relationship with you is not dependent on the state that I am in. Nor the latter dictate how I should be with you and in you. You love me despite and in spite of my being me. Let me always be reminded of that promise.
     I worship you all the days of my life. I cannot, for the life of me, put into words how you have blessed me with so much. I am bemused at how I had the audacity to question you when the going got so rough. You hold me at the palm of your hand. There is absolutely no way I could have been tossed over by the waves. You always calm my storms. Thank you for the assurance that you are able to so immeasurably more than all I can ask or imagine, according to your power that is at work within me.
     I love you, and I am grateful beyond words.

No comments: