Monday, 5 July 2010

You are right in one thing. I am lonely, and perhaps if someone would try to ask me again, I might have said 'Yes' not only because I love him. But because I care more to be loved than when he would have walked away.
I didn't value him half enough when I had him. So kind, so good, so patient with me always. But now I should love to see him, if only he would. For everyone seems going away from me, and I am all alone.
But then I don't feel as if I'd wasted my life. I'm not as good as you make, but I have tried to do right. And how when it's too late to begin even to do better, it's such a comfort to know that someone loves me so much.
My heart isn't aching. The wound just persisted in healing with a rapidity that astonished me. And instead of trying to forget, I find myself trying to remember. 

No comments: