I do not write because I want to escape reality. I write because I need to record what I know and feel. If I do not do this, then I fear the possibility of forgetting any significant and trivial events that occur daily in my life. I have forgotten so many memories from my childhood, and it takes me a while to dig so deeply into my past to search for a moment that has held onto such felicity. I can easily recall when I have felt so much sorrow, but it is difficult for me to recall what happiness is. I do not strive to be happy; I strive to remember.
I wake up one morning trying to figure things out. The world seems blurry around me; uncertain and bleak. I start to question why life has different meanings. The answer, so naive and plain, that life is fortified with smooth roads and harsh obstacles to make us full in our dimensions. And that what makes life worth living.
Thursday, 9 September 2010
Sometimes I want to pack up my stuff and leave this place. I want to run away to a different city. I want to take a train for hours. I want to go somewhere I have never been before. I want to enjoy the feeling of being anonymous to the strangers I will encounter. I want to take snapshots of the new memories that will form. I want to burn those photographs. I want to watch them disintegrate. I want to observe the stories ignite my recollection. I want to see flash fiction become the new storybook that I will inhabit. I want the ink to bleed through the book pages. I want the words to drown in the tears. I want to be left alone without any worries for trivial things or any care for the world. I want to feel lonely. I want spontaneity to guide me through the places I will peregrinate to. I want to become infatuated with wanderlust. I want to become a lost star that is floating in the atmosphere. I want to neglect my surroundings. I want to witness the paint scrape off the walls of this scenery. I want to dissolve into stardust. I want the nightscape to conceal me. Sometimes I want to be forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment