Boyfriend: Odenwa arigatou gozaimasu. PizzaLa de gozaimasu. Honjitsu wa gochuumon deshou ka?He must have noticed that my number is registered to their record already.
Me: Hai, chuumon shitai desu.
Boyfriend: Sore de wa, saisho ni odenwa bangou wo onegai shimasu.
Me: (enumerating my eleven numbers to him in English)
Boyfriend: Ohya-sama desu ka?He asked if I still live in the same place. I told him I don't understand Japanese, if we could only speak in English.
Me: Hai, hai... (chuckles)
Boyfriend: Gojuusho wo kawarimasen desu ka?
Me: (as if puzzled...) Eh, Nihonggo wo sukoshii wakarimasen, Eigo de hanashimashite yoroshii desu ka?
Boyfriend: (amused, then recites my whole address for me...) Sore de wa, gochuumon wo douzo.He guffawed when I told him I wanted the usual.
Me: Mata onaji desu.
Boyfriend: Ok, Buster's Quarter no raaji saizu no de, ijou desu ka?I shut him up before he could continue.
Me: Sore dake onegai shimasu.
Boyfriend: Gochuumon kurikae shimasu... Ohitotsu desu ne?
Me: (eyes rolling...) Hai.
Boyfriend: Okaikei wa...
Me: Sen happyaku kyuujuu yen desu ne? Wakattemasuyo.Fifteen minutes after (25 minutes earlier than scheduled), my buzzer rang. He was gasping for words when I answered the call. So, I rushed to the door. There he was standing drenched because it was raining, holding my pizza, in his blushing grin. After handing him my payment, just when he was to turn his back away from me, I asked him off-guard...
Boyfriend: (laughing...) Anzen unten de san juppun to yon juppun hodo otodoke ita shimasu.
Me: Eh, juppun de daijoubu ja nai desu ka?
Boyfriend: Haha, gambarimasu.
Me: Onegai shimasu. Ima onaka ga suita desu.
Boyfriend: Ja, gochuumon arigatou gozaimashita.
Me: Koibito wa imasu ka?What a sad life it was for both of us. He's someone I really don't know, but I do tease him everytime. Calling him my boyfriend, just for fun. He's a delivery boy at a pizza restaurant. It must be luck, when he's the one who takes my calls and delivers my pizza for about distinct periods of time already. In the informal dialogue above, I just wanted to know if he had any girlfriend he'd take out for a date after his work. There was no one I was told. So, I sang him a song, Goodbye, my boyfriend... If only you had seen how scarlet his face was, oh boy, he thought I was serious? Haha.
Boyfriend: Imasen desu. (He looked awkward.)
Me: (was trying to be flirty :p) Kyou shigoto ni owarimashitara, de-to arimasen ka?
Boyfriend: (bashful) Arimasen. Ohya-san wa?
Me: Ja, futari wo onaji ka? Sabishii desu ne.
Boyfriend: Ummm... (I could see hearts twinkling out from his eyes.)
Me: Happy Valentine's. (and I started singing...) Koibito wo sayounara, la la la... (sneezing)
Boyfriend: Odaiji ni. (Said to someone who sneezes or ill.)
Me: (slowly closing my door...) Arigatou. Mata ne.
Boyfriend: Hai, yoroshiku. Bye-bye.
Obviously, dallying with my boyfriend didn't work out. I spent my Valentine alone with one large pizza to gormandise and a well-being to look forward to. What a bitter sorrow.
Sobs.
6 comments:
all the while i was thinking "boyfriend" was a real boyfriend. hehe
hmm, i celebrated valentine's day and my birthday in manila, whilst working on some papers. it was kind of lonely too, and on my last night at the hotel, i ordered super supreme pizza which i can't finish. i gave it to the bellboys. ;-)
the birthday bash came three days later when i got home. ;-)
and if i may ask....san pala si real boyfriend?
You should have taken a picture of how he looked like right after you called him your boyfriend. That would have been one for the ages. ;)
You might be in for a surprise when Pizza Guy shows up at your doorstep on White Day! He knows your name, where you live and your favorite pizza. :P
@swann: Same question I need to know the answer quick! Drowned in my dreams?
@anonymous: Don't worry I will take a pic of both of us together. Which reminds me of my last summer, it was at the beach when some teenage Japanese came to my spot selling ice cream and you guess...? :p
@gracey: He should be, he should be, he should be. Haha. Or, I'll call for another delivery again. Hmmm?
The thing is I got depressed after reading all the Japanese conversation .... I couldn't understand most of it without the translations... pretty pathetic for someone living in Japan. :( Love reading your blogs though. :D
Ryle! So, is this what you mean? Depressed, huh? Sorry I can't reply to MMS nowadays. Must be my phone, or I resort to my silencio again. Hahaha. Talk to you soon. And hey, I need my books already :P
Post a Comment