Wednesday, 2 April 2008

A Woman Of Her Word

Thus me.

I live in a beautiful world disguised in a lyrical rhapsody of prose and poetry. If you thought I see life as a box of unrestrained fancy, then you have spoken amiss. For this creation of fancy is characterized by significant events and demonstrable existence.

I may be caught up in a reverie of symphonic verses about you. But none of these are fiction. You are apparently seen but having no physical reality torments a torrent of grievous loss inside me.

You paint my day with words that I marvel, and rack my brain with Alzheimer's weaving my life. But if in this grotesque time meant only to be with you, I reason to stay a while in dementia. Because life, indeed, is fantastic.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is he?

He should know he's missing a lot not being with you!

Anonymous said...

***hugs***

ms firefly said...

{{{ hugs }}} for you yeng!

Anonymous said...

You write so beautifully. The words flow and your vocabulary is intense. How many languages do you speak? You should have your poetry published!

You've peaked my interest. I don't know the background of this poem so I have many unanswered questions.... I'll keep reading to find out more about the writer :)

Mariale said...

Thanks for the hugs! Just what I need most. {weeps}

@lumpy: You compliment too much. I thank you though.

I am a Filipino citizen but do struggle in Tagalog. I can't twang our own national language. Really, I am sorry my fellow countrymen. I can comprehend though, and speak a few words. But, but, but... I often resort to Bisaya (our dialect) and English. I am learning to love Japanese right now. Trying to understand Latin lingos too.

I remember how engaged I was as a child. Everyday I would sit down at my grandpa's office pretending I was a real secretary punching my fingers painstakingly on that typewriter. I wouldn't even mind if my fingers were all smeared from the inked ribbon. I love to hear the strike, strike, strike sounds and how fast did I go. Yes, eversince I'm fond of writing. Too bad, it has always been a rift between me and my mom.