Our love started with so much hope, so many dreams. It was a fairy tale that took us both by surprise. It blossomed into a love that was bonded and true. Our memories are filled with so much joy and so much pain. In my heart I know the joy outweighs the pain. I want to embrace the joy and hold it close to my heart where it can live forever. I want to remember the pain as a lesson, a lesson of how much we almost lost. A lesson of life to be lived with a memory of how not to be. We can never hide from each other again. This journey I ask you to walk with me will be joyous at times and rough. I don't offer you perfection. I offer you, me who has weakness. I know that we haven't talked about what we went through, but that doesn't mean that I don't think about it each and every day. You don't know how much I wish that I could be lying there with you whispering in your ear my heart's deepest desires. When you're here, I can't speak. Grabe, I want to discuss or explain things with you pero hindi ko magawa because of your limited time. I wish I could offer you promises. I wish I could paint a future with no uncertainties. But I have none to offer. I have no idea what the future holds for us. I just know I want us to experience it together. I think it will be an adventure. Even as I write the word adventure I know what it means. We have shared so many, and they have never had to be earth shaking. They are the little ones that have climbed into our hearts and found a home. They are the kind that have created the sweetest memories. They are the kind that only you and I can share and appreciate. That's where my love for you comes from. That and knowing so many new memories await.
I wish that there was a way to make time stop and go back to a time when we were happy. We both know that before we can go back to being one, we need to change things about ourselves in order to make this relationship last. I hope that one day we can find a way to get past this, but until that day comes I want you to know that I will wait for your answer because my love for you is never ending. I want you to know that I truly loved you so much. Don't let our love fade away and our memories be scattered to the winds. I want us to work things out, and though it might not be possible, if you're willing... I want to try. I should have realized from the beginning that I never had any reason to be scared. And if for whatever reason things don't work out between us, or if you choose to remain as a friend, that's fine with me. I will take it as destiny or fate passed me by and that we just weren't meant to be together. Whatever the outcome might be, I know that I am so happy to still have you as a part of my life.
*****
If you're reading this, I wish you well. I truly understand what you're going through right now. I've been there too... feelings were miserably jilted... heart's mangled begging for reasons... I was maimed for trying. Yet in the end, being magnificently jettisoned has taken me into a few rides. Those weren't same as my first but I found myself moving on. Believe me, it took years for that salt to melt away in my wounded heart. I lost my compass awaiting for the attraction of the sun and moon once again. They never coincided. And a large stream of water tided off the reef. I wept; I lamented for lost hopes, for the newfound freedom, for understanding the significance of someone. However, nursing a dementia will brilliance of memory traces gradually dim in Alzheimer's time. If you'd esteem for my opinion.
Thank you for writing though.
Mwahugs,
Boyeng <3
3 comments:
hoping all the best in your relationship boyeng. you're right, nothing's perfect no matter how much one tries.
i think the time you have given him for the meantime would be enough for him to reflect and sort out his feelings.
hoping that in the end, whatever decision and conclusion that will arise, it will be better for the both of you.
PS
punas pa ako nosebleed haha
hay pag-ibig. yan makinig ka ke Toto. Expert yan sa matters of the heart. hik hik hik
@r-yo: Hehehe, expert talaga si Kuya... Hindi kaya magalit to pagmalaman niya ang truth?
@totomai: Kuya, the latter is my reply to the missive of my bestfriend*s ex. She wrote this letter, I suppose, wanting to get back with the guy (my bestfriend turned boyfriend). It is crazy, I know. But the whole thing was a lie. Yes, I agreed to this foolish and selfish plan my bestfriend had. Thus, my status in Facebook. I really hope they would settle their problem now. I am pulling off my sleeves now. I wish the girl will not dwell in a web of doubt and insecurities anymore. Because I am honestly fed up being part of those.
On the other hand, I am still keeping to myself my first heartbreak :D
Post a Comment